The Festivals of Gràcia are back!
Casa Vicens is once again celebrating the Festivals of Gràcia. This year, the second since the house-museum opened its doors to the public, we are offering discounts and activities in the decorated streets for all kinds of people.
We want to bring the beauty and uniqueness of the first work by Gaudí to everyone in the neighbourhood and to all visitors to the Festivals of Gràcia.
- Guided tour: “The essence of Casa Vicens”
A sensory experience where you can discover, in great detail, the scents of Casa Vicens created by the perfumer and artist Ernest Ventós/Nasevo. Come and enjoy this visual and olfactory tour of the first house built by Gaudí.
Visit in Catalan: Thursday, 15 and Saturday, August 17 at 7:00 p.m.
Visit in Spanish: Friday 16 and Sunday August 18 at 7:00 p.m.
Price: € 2 (management costs)
Lenght: 90 minutes
You can purchase your tickets –catalan & spanish– on our website from August 8.
- Activities in the decorated streets
3D paper workshops: “The first chimneys by Gaudí”
Participants in this family workshop will discover how this architectural element changed in Gaudí’s work from the first ones he made in the house on Carrer de les Carolines. Led by the Del Mercader creative studio, the workshop will enable participants to design their own chimneys and build it with a 3D paper technique, without the need for scissors or glue.
Friday, August 16:
– At 10.30 a.m. on Berga Street
– At 12.30pm on Luis Vives Street
Saturday, August 17:
– At 10.30am in the Plaza de la Villa
– At 12.30pm on Providencia Street
Sunday, August 18:
– At 10.30am on Joan Blanques de Baix street, everything
– At 12.30pm on Tordera Street
Monday, August 19:
– At 10.30 a.m. on Puigmartí Street
– At 12.30pm on Ciudad Real street
Tuesday, August 20:
– At 10.30 a.m. on Travesía San Antonio street
– At 12.30 p.m. in Plazuela San Miguel
Wednesday, August 21st:
– At 10.30 a.m. on Jesus Street
– At 12.30pm on Dalt Fraternity Street
Free workshop. No prior registration is necessary. Limited places. Age: from 6 years. Catalan language.
Manel Diestre, the master craftsman ceramist (Taller de ceràmica Sot) responsible for the restoration of the ceramics of Casa Vicens, will demonstrate how to create and decorate the carnation azulejo tiles typical of Casa Vicens.
Monday, August 19 at 11 a.m. on Berga Street.
Tuesday, August 20 at 11 a.m. on Jesus Street.
Wednesday, August 21 at 11 a.m. on Puigmartí Street.
Free demo. No prior registration is necessary. Limited places. Catalan language.
We’ll be waiting for you to celebrate the Festivals of Gràcia!