Family pottery workshop
11 June 2023, 10:30 - 12:00
The ceramics from Casa Vicens are one of its most recognisable elements. Can you imagine discovering the process of creating tiles with carnations, the yellow flowers that cover the house’s façades?
Led by the master artisan ceramist Manel Diestre, director of the process to restore Casa Vicens’ ceramic pieces, you’ll discover the process of creating artisanal carnation azulejo tiles with the original trepa (transfer-printing) technique.
Then, kids will create your own tile, which you can take home with you. As the tiles need to be baked in the oven, the tile must be picked up at Casa Vicens from the next Saturday the workshop.
– Time: from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
– Recommended age: from 8 years old. . Children must be accompanied at all times by an adult and maximum 1 adult per child.
– Maximum capacity: 10.
– Language: Catalan.
– Price: €22/children, 0€/adult. The price includes a prior conceptualization of Casa Vicens, the 60-minute workshop led by Manel Diestre, all the necessary materials and the subsequent free visit to Casa Vicens with access to the audio guide.
– Location: Casa Vicens Gaudí. Carrer de les Carolines 20, 08012 Barcelona.
– Activity suitable for persons with reduced mobility.
This workshop contributed to the compliance of ODS 4, 11, 12 and 17.