Workshop “Uncertain Equilibrium” given by Txemy Basualto
30 October 2021, 16:00 - 19:00
Within the framework of the ‘Uncertain Equilibrium’ exhibition, on display here until October 31, this workshop will be held on October 30, given by Txemy Basualto in collaboration with Montana Colors. The workshop will also have the participation of Jordi Torrent from Aquari Paper and Sara Catalán, curator.
In the workshop, Txemy will show how a pictorial project with these characteristics is developed, at a key moment in our history as a result of COVID-19, and in a unique setting: a World Heritage Site such as Casa Vicens. The problems that can occur in this type of project will also be described, and how the experience and collaboration of a good team can help in the definition of each of the pieces and capsule projects.
The use of the eco and recycled materials displayed in Txemy’s exhibition will be one of the main themes of the workshop, as well as using reflection to mentally outline each of the pieces and of not being afraid of change, fundamental to evolving artistically.
During the workshop, the ten points that summarise Txemy’s exhibition in Gaudí’s first house will be seen in a transversal way: the House as a stage, an installation and a sound installation, in painting, on paper, its balance, its origins, its rupture and its identity, on the basis of it being an eco project.
– Historical, personal and conceptual context.
– Analysis of the environment and reflection to clarify your pictorial work.
– Eco materials and their related problems.
– Teamwork, the importance of a good team. Perdi Rominger and Itziar Luna.
– Observation of the environment and space: Casa Vicens.
– How to deal with sponsors.
Provided by Montana Colors and handmade paper from Sastres Paperers, paper artisans located at the Farga d’Aram de Banyoles, for the development of a collective exercise based on the architecture of the house.
– Date: October 30.
– Time: From 4 p.m. until 7 p.m.
– Limited spaces: 15. Prior subscription necessary
– Language: Spanish.
– Age: Over 16 years. Minors under 18 years of age will have to present proof from their parents or guardians.
– Cost: €15. The price includes an invitation to visit Casa Vicens previously, request yours indicating the reservation code in the email: email@example.com
– Location: Casa Vicens Gaudí. Carrer de les Carolines 20, 08012 Barcelona.
– Activity suitable for persons with reduced mobility.
This workshop contributed to the compliance of ODS 4, 11, 12 and 17.
In collaboration with: